You can keep your teeth and gums healthy. Most problems with teeth and gums can be prevented by taking these steps:
1. Brush your teeth 2 times a day with fluoride toothpaste.
2. Floss between your teeth every day.
3. Visit a dentist regularly for checkups and cleaning.
4. Cut down on sugary foods and drinks.
5. Don't smoke or chew tobacco.
6. If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
Watch out for plaque.
Plaque is a sticky substance that forms on your teeth. When plaque stays on your teeth too long, it can lead to tooth decay (cavities) and gum disease. Tooth decay and gum disease are the main causes of tooth loss. Taking care of your teeth and gums is especially important if you:
1. Have diabetes
2. Have cancer
3. Are an older adult
4. Are pregnant
Contact our office today and get one step closer to getting the brilliant, healthy smile you've dreamed of!
General and Cosmetic Dentistry in a Calming and Friendly Atmosphere.